The Assessment is divided into two sections. In Part One you will provide information about your library, including population served and details about services and resources in each location. In Part Two, you will answer the Edge Benchmarks questions related to your library's Community Value, Community Engagement, and Organizational Management.
Before you start enter your assessment replies online, we recommend that team members complete their assigned sections on a paper copy of the Assessment Workbook. The Assessment Answer Key has detailed explanations of each question.
Team members responsible for completing Part One of the Assessment should review Take the Assessment Part One for details on the information they will need, including running internet speed tests.
While in the Assessment, it is important to remember a few points:
- Take your time! Accurate responses are critical to properly generating your Recommendations and peer comparison reports.
- If you are only achieving/meeting part of the statement, please answer “No”. For example, if the statement asks if you provide a particular service in all locations, but you only provide the service in 2 of 4 locations, answer “No”.
- You do not need to start and complete the online assessment in the same session. If you need more time, simply close the assessment and return to it later. Your responses will be automatically saved.
- Do not use the BACK button in your web browser, this will “kick you out” of the assessment and you will need to log back in to your account. Even if you are kicked out, your responses have been saved.
- If you need to return to the Assessment Menu, you will find an option at the bottom of each page that allows you to Continue, or Return to Menu.
- If you have any problems with the Assessment, please contact Edge Support. Do not click the "Get Started" button repeatedly, as this will reset your assessment. The information that you entered will be saved, but we will need to retrieve it for you.
When you have completed both sections of the Assessment, you will need to return to your Dashboard to complete your submission.
You will submit Part One and Part Two individually, then you will submit the entire assessment. If you have not clicked this button on your Dashboard, your assessment has not been submitted.
After completing the Assessment, you will receive your results immediately. Then you can start identifying priorities for your library and creating an Action Plan.